Pittsburgh Theological Seminary will host the spiritual formation elective “History of Christian Spirituality, Part 2: The Reformation to the Present” January 4-8. The Rev. Dr. Arnold Klukas, professor of liturgics at Nashotah House, will lead the group.
As the class focuses in turn on great figures of the last 500 years of Christian spirituality, participants will not only discuss the insights and contributions of each of these “saints,” but they will engage in appropriate prayer and worship for contemporary spiritual life.
Contact the Office of Continuing Education at 412-924-1345 or ConEd@testsite.pts.edu to register for this event. Tuition fee is $300 plus housing and meals. Continuing education units (1.75) and certificate credit is available. Conference Brochure
Klukas is a graduate of Wittenberg University, Yale Divinity School, Oxford University, and University of Pittsburgh. Ordained to the priesthood in 1975, he served as curate at All Saints, Margaret Street, London (1975-78). In 1989 he became interim rector at St. Mary’s, Charleroi, Pa. and in 1991 had a vision to establish a traditional Anglo-Catholic parish in Pittsburgh. Klukas began a 10-year ministry as rector at Grace Church, Mt. Washington. He is a spiritual director, and he has taught the history and practice of spirituality at Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry in Ambridge, Pa.
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary is a graduate professional institution of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A). Founded in 1794, the Seminary is located in Pittsburgh, Pa. and approximately 380 students are enrolled yearly in the degree programs. The Seminary prepares leaders who proclaim with great joy God’s message of good news in both word and deed. PTS is rooted in the Reformed history of faithfulness to Scripture and commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.