Applications for our Master's degrees are considered by the Admissions and Standings Committee upon submission of the following materials:
- Formal Application
- Application Fee: $60 nonrefundable Pay online
- Official Transcripts of all college and university work attempted (Note: The applicant must possess or is completing a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university. If you do not have a bachelor’s degree, and are not in the process completing one, learn more about applying to Pittsburgh Seminary.)
- Writing two admissions essays
- Personal Interview
- Three References-If applying to the M.Div. program, one of the references must be a Church Endorsement.
- Background Check, file online at https://portal.castlebranch.com/PI66, or call 1-888-666-7788 for more information. The package code is pi66.
- Th.M. applicants are to look at the Th.M. Handbook for specific requirements which differ to some extent to the ones mentioned above.
After admission is granted, a student is required to submit an" Intent to Enroll Form" and a $50 fee within 30 days. This assures a place in the next entering class. This fee is nonrefundable but is credited to the student's account upon enrollment. The deadlines are listed below for specific terms:
- To enroll for Term I 2017, all application materials must be received by Aug. 14, 2017.
- To enroll for Term II (beginning Nov. 27, 2017) of the 2017-2018 academic year, all application materials must be received by Nov. 10, 2017.
- International applicants applying for the 2018-2019 academic year, must submit all application materials by Dec. 1, 2017.
- To enroll for Term III (beginning March 12, 2018) of the 2017-2018 academic year, all application materials must be received by Feb. 23, 2018.
- To enroll for Term I 2018, all application materials must be received by Aug. 17, 2018.
Applications for the Doctor of Ministry degree are submitted to the director of the Doctor of Ministry Program. A Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school is required for admission to the program. Applicants are also expected to have completed a minimum of three years in ministry following the receipt of the Master of Divinity. Read more about applying to the Doctor of Ministry Program.