News from PTS
The 2015-2016 application for need-based aid for all masters degree programs is now being accepted.
The Term 1, 2, and 3 2015-2016 Masters Federal Direct Loan Request Form is available. Completed loan packets will begin to be processed in July and continue throughout the year. Directions are available on the Application or contact the Financial Aid Office at 412-924-1384 or email@example.com.
As of Summer 2015, a student may now borrow a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan. Please complete the Summer Loan Request Form and the 2015-2016 FAFSA. 2015-2016 Tuition Grant will be applied to the 2015 summer credits. As always, CPE is not covered by PTS aid. There are no Housing Grants or Work Support opportunities during the summer months.
Update Policy: The Financial Aid Committee met April 28, 2015 to clarify policies beginning in 2015-2016. PTS will diligently enforce the long-standing rule of one Housing Grant per unit.The $100 grant will be split among qualifying students. Beginning with the 2015-2016 academic year, students may receive a maximum of 140 percent of the cost of tuition from Pittsburgh Theological Seminary funding. Students may continue to seek outside sources of aid to add to that amount.
News from the Department of Education
On May 10, 2015, the FSA ID, a username and password, has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN and must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to FASFA.ed.gov, National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®), StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov, or Agreement to Serve (ATS), When logging in to one of the websites listed above, click the link to create an FSA ID.
- Create a username and password, and enter your e-mail address.
- Enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information, challenge questions and answers.
- If you have a Federal Student Aid PIN, you will be able to enter it and link it to your FSA. You can still create an FSA ID if you have forgotten or do not have a PIN.
- Confirm your e-mail address using the secure code, which will be sent to the e-mail address you entered when you created your FSA ID.
- Verify your e-mail address. You can use it instead of your username to log in to the websites.
- Review your information, and read and accept the terms and conditions.
- You can use your FSA ID to sign a FAFSA right away.
- Once the Social Security Administration verifies your information in one to three days, or if you have linked your PIN to your FSA ID, you will be able to use your FSA ID to access the websites listed above.
- For help, visit StudentAid.gov.
2015-2016 dates will be posted soon.
Sept. 8-Nov. 11, 2014
Dec. 1, 2014-Feb. 27, 2015
March 16-May 29, 2015
Last Day of Add-Drop
Sept. 9, 2014
Dec. 12, 2014
March 27, 2015
Anticipated Disbursement Dates
Sept. 24, 2014
Dec. 17, 2014
April 2, 2015
Anticipated Refund Distribution Dates
Sept. 30, 2014
Dec. 23, 2014
April 15, 2015