News And Events
Alumnae/i Days 2013 Photo Gallery
Seminary Hosts Pittsburgh Pastoral Care Conference
PTS Receives Grant for Worship Renewal Project
Series Explores the Idea of Spiritual But Not Religious
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary Names Assistant Professor of Homiletics
PTS Welcomes Associate Professor of Leadership and Ministry
Meet our Faculty and Staff in Your Area
PTS Events at PCUSA General Assembly
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary will attend the 220th General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) June 30-July 7, 2012, in Pittsburgh. Throughout the week, the Seminary will participate in and host various events. Plan now to join us for one or more of these events!
- Fri., June 29, 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m., Convention Center / Seminary representatives will be staffing the COTE (Committee on Theological Education) display booth.
- Fri., June 29, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Wyndham Grand / The YAADS (Young Adult Advisory Delegates) training event and dinner will be sponsored by the admissions officers of the PCUSA seminaries.
- Sun., July 1, 6:00 p.m., Hot Metal Bridge Faith Community / PACHEM (Presbyterian Association for Collegiate and Higher Education Ministries) will gather and the Rev. Dr. Deirdre King Hainsworth, assistant professor of ethics and director of the Center for Business, Religion and Public Life at PTS, will present.
- Mon., July 2, 8:00 a.m., Pittsburgh Theological Seminary / Participants can attend the Mission Tour to PTS where they will explore the Bible Lands Museum and archives and have brunch with the Rev. Dr. Edwin Chr. van Driel, assistant professor of theology.
- Mon., July 2, 7:00 p.m., Heinz History Center / Lecture and historical display of 11 area Presbyterian congregations and Pittsburgh Theological Seminary READ MORE
- Tues., July 3, 2:00-4:00 p.m., Convention Center Concourse Area / Presbyterian Seminary Fair
- Tues., July 3, 7:00-8:30 p.m., Doubletree Hotel / Pittsburgh Theological Seminary Reception
- Wed., July 4, 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m., Doubletree Hotel / Pittsburgh Theological Seminary Luncheon. Gather for lunch and to hear from the Rev. Dr. Andrew Purves, professor of Reformed theology and the Rev. Dr. Edwin Chr. van Driel, assistant professor of theology.
- Faculty publications will be available for purchase throughout the Assembly.
Additional members of the Seminary community participating in General Assembly include the Rev. Carolyn Cranston, director of alumnae/i and church relations at PTS, who worked on the executive Committee on Local Arrangements as chair of special events and mission tours. The Rev. Sherry Sparks, associate dean of admissions, and the Rev. Anthony Rivera, associate director of admissions, will participate in the worship services.
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary is a graduate professional institution of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A). Founded in 1794, the Seminary is located in Pittsburgh, Pa. and approximately 310 students are enrolled yearly in the degree programs. The Seminary prepares leaders who proclaim with great joy God’s message of good news in both word and deed. PTS is rooted in the Reformed history of faithfulness to Scripture and commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.