News And Events
Alumnae/i Days 2013 Photo Gallery
Seminary Hosts Pittsburgh Pastoral Care Conference
PTS Receives Grant for Worship Renewal Project
Series Explores the Idea of Spiritual But Not Religious
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary Names Assistant Professor of Homiletics
PTS Welcomes Associate Professor of Leadership and Ministry
Meet our Faculty and Staff in Your Area
Reports to: Dean of Students
Hours: 5 hours per week
The Resident Assistant (RA) position is intended to enhance community on campus through his/her availability and ability in assisting residential students – primarily those who live in the Calian Residence Hall. This person can also be of assistance to others who stay in the residence hall, including students in the Doctor of Ministry program and participants in the Seminary’s Continuing Education Program who stay in guest housing along with the Hospitality Coordinator.
Duties to include:
The Dean of Students will serve as the supervisor for the Resident Assistant.
- Become acquainted with all of the students in the residence hall.
- Making sure that residents are aware of the proper procedure to report maintenance and custodial concerns.
- Regular inspection of the kitchen, lounges, recreational and fitness spaces for cleanliness, health, and general care.
- Knowledge of the area amenities including shopping, restaurant and entertainment options or sharing with residents and guests.
- Availability at least the week prior to Fall Orientation to meet and greet new incoming student residents.
- Membership on the Community Life Committee and the Housing Council.
- Regular attendance at meetings of the Student Association.
- Willingness to have her/his phone number posted.
- Must be a resident in the residence hall.
- Other responsibilities as may be deemed necessary by the Dean of Students.