All new and enrolled students must submit a PTS Financial Aid Application each year to be evaluated for institutional grants and work-support. There are separate applications for those enrolled in the master's programs and the doctoral program. (Doctor of Ministry students should see D.Min. Financial Aid.)
Master's Degrees: Apply for PTS Need-Based Aid Beginning Feb. 22, 2016
Complete Financial Aid Packets will be accepted beginning Feb. 22, 2016. All complete applications are processed on a “first come – first served” basis until funds are exhausted.
New for 2016-2017
Beginning Feb. 22, 2016, the PTS Financial Aid Application will be available for online submission at mypts.edu, under "student". Please be sure to have the FAFSA completed before submitting the PTS application.
Checklist for Complete PTS Financial Aid Packet
- PTS Financial Aid Application
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) filed at www.fafsa.gov
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when completing the FAFSA**
- If applicable: copy of Puerto Rico, foreign, or US Territory Income Tax Form
** Students who do not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IDR) when completing the FAFSA must contact the IRS to request a Tax Transcript. Upon receipt, the Tax Transcript will then be submitted to the Financial Aid Office. The IRS warns that this process can take up to eight weeks which will mean that students will likely miss available institutional aid. PTS highly recommends that students implement the IDR when completing the FAFSA.
If You File an IRS Extension
If you file your taxes, then you must submit the complete PTS Financial Aid Packet, beginning February 22, 2016.
If you file an Extension with the IRS, then you should:
- Complete your FAFSA with estimated numbers
- Submit the PTS Financial Aid Application beginning February 22
- Include copies of the IRS Form 4868 and the IRS confirmation of receipt.
- The Application and FAFSA will hold your place for aid.The student's aid will be processed with estimated numbers.
- The student must submit an actual tax transcript or complete the IRS Data Retrieval on the FAFSA by June 1.
- PTS aid will not be released unless the actual 2015 income tax information is received in the Financial Aid Office. If all of the required application pieces are not submitted by June 1, the estimated award will be revoked and the application will placed at the bottom of the Wait List.
Return the Complete Financial Aid Packet
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
Financial Aid Office
616 North Highland Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15206