What is it?
The Work-Support Program consists of part-time on-campus jobs for students with financial need. The money is not directly applied to the Seminary account; instead the student will receive a paycheck at the end of each month worked. If the student chooses to participate in the program and is hired, the amount listed on the Award Letter is the maximum amount that can be earned as a Work Support employee.
Range of award
NEW for 2016-2017, $9.00 per hour for a maximum of 10 hours each week for the 33 week academic year. Maintenance employees earn $10.00 per hour. The Financial Aid Award Letter will reflect the maximum amount that a student is eligible to earn. A student, with approval from the supervisor, may elect to work less than the allotted 10 hours per week. There is no work-support funding during the summer months.
Only students enrolled for nine or more credits at PTS in the Master degree programs who qualify for need-based aid. Returning students must show academic progress and submit financial aid documentation each year.
- File a FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Submit a PTS Financial Aid Application to the Financial Aid Office with documentation.The student will receive an Award Letter authorizing work-support. The Work-Support award does NOT guarantee a position. Upon receiving the Award Letter from the Financial Aid Office, follow step 3.
- Log on to the PTS website, Work-Support Job Descriptions and Apply to submit an application. The student may submit one active job application at a time. Jobs will be posted all year as positions become available.
- The hiring supervisor may choose to contact the student for an interview. If hired, the supervisor will notify the student. If the student is not hired, the Financial Aid Office will advise the student to submit a second application.
- After a student is hired, the Financial Aid Office will forward a packet of payroll forms to the student. The completed forms and two types of identification must be presented at the Business Office within three days from the start of employment.