Room Reservation Guidelines
In addition to our many open spaces, Barbour Library offers meeting rooms, group study rooms, individual closed study carrels, and a Recording and Media Room, which may be reserved for individual and group use. Use of these rooms is governed by our Code of Conduct and our Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Rooms may be reserved during the library’s operating hours only. Current PTS faculty, staff, and students have the additional option of reserving the Kelley-Orr Lounge and Meeting Room 105 in the Library’s 24/7 space at any time.
- Time limits for room reservations vary according to the specific room and type of use.
- Priority use of group study rooms is given to group reservations over individuals.
- During finals weeks, use of group study rooms and individual closed carrels is limited to current PTS students only, and special time limits on reservations for these spaces apply.
- Use of larger spaces such as the second floor atrium is limited to group gatherings and events. Smaller meetings should be scheduled in a meeting room or the Truxall classroom.
- Room reservations by non-PTS patrons require the establishment of a library account with payment of the appropriate annual borrowing fee ($15 for clergy; $30 for general public).
- Long-term reservations of closed study carrels are subject to library staff approval and room availability. See our Study Carrels webpage for more information.
How to Make a Room Reservation
Members of the PTS community (faculty, staff, and students) can reserve a space using 25Live. Detailed instructions for using 25Live are available in MyPTS.
Non-PTS patrons such as local clergy, PTS alumnae/i, and the general public should contact library staff to set up a room reservation.
Group study rooms and classrooms/meeting rooms come equipped with large monitors that can be connected to a laptop and whiteboards or dry erasable walls.
Individual Closed Carrels (9)
Group Study Rooms (3)
Meeting Room 105
Kelley-Orr Lounge – reservable by current PTS faculty, staff and students only
Second Floor Atrium – reservable by current PTS faculty, staff and students only
Recording and Media Room – A/V equipment for recording sermons and other multimedia presentations (free SD memory cards available). A phonograph, VHS/DVD player with TV, and cassette deck are also available for viewing and listening to media.