M.Div. Churh Planting Emphasis Core Student Competencies
- Basic ethnographic research skills
- Practice deep listening and discernment in the context of community and neighborhood.
- Build trust and relationships both inside the church and in the public square.
- Adaptive leadership, developed through practices of deep listening.
- Dependence upon Christ and the Holy Spirit through attentive listening and exercising trust in God’s presence and activity in the ministry context.
- Collaborate with others in shared pastoral leadership of a developing ministry.
- Explore and experiment with contextual communication of the Gospel.
- Adaptive leadership, developed through encounters with discontinues change and the identification of context-specific adaptive challenges.
- Develop relationships across cultural differences and barriers.
- Dependence upon Christ and the Holy Spirit through participation in the Body of Christ and the sanctifying experience of Christian community.
- Abilities to cast vision for a new ministry embedded in a particular context.
- Capacity to appraise risk and engage missional risk-taking behavior.
- Matrix leadership or social entrepreneurship (team-building and persuasion by indirect influence).
- Build partnerships out of relationships which cross barriers.
- Adaptive leadership, developed through the experience of leading a team through unpredictable movements in the life of the new ministry.
- Dependence upon Christ and the Holy Spirit and confidence in God’s power as one risks responding faithfully to God’s call to mission.