Into the Light: Pastoral Responses to the Opioid Crisis with Sue Washburn and Bob Hedges
Sue Washburn, Pastor, Reunion Presbyterian Church, and Interim Editor, Presbyterians Today
Bob Hedges, Executive Director, Resurrection Power
Oct. 27, 2017, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
A breakfast and workshop for faith community leaders
By attending this workshop, we hope attendees will become affective allies to those impacted by addiction by helping them
- to be pastorally present to those affected by addiction; and
- to learn how to talk about addiction in the sanctuary and in other church conversations.
After the workshop, attendees are invited to join the instructors as they lead the Seminary’s chapel service in the manner outlined during the morning session. Western Pennsylvania county representatives will be available to continue the discussion over lunch for those who wish to stay.
- Familiarize faith leaders with the dynamics of addiction in the lives of those experiencing it and their loved ones
- Equip faith leaders with basic skills and information for being pastorally present to those affected by addiction and making appropriate referrals
- Provide faith leaders with liturgical and church strategies and resources for including addiction in the conversations and worship of the faith community
Registration Fee / CEs and CEUs
Registration Fee: $25 / Lunch is available for purchase in Kadel Dining Hall.
CEs: Anticipated for licensed social workers, marriage/family therapists, and professional counselors are .
CEUs: Provided to clergy and laity upon request.