For almost two decades, this cooperative program with Columbia Theology Seminary (Decatur, Ga.) has offered more than 600 laypersons and pastors the opportunity to enter more deeply into the life of the Spirit.
Completion of this challenging program involves
- participation in an Immersion Experience,
- six elective courses,
- a practicum, and
- a pilgrimage.
The Immersion class and electives offer opportunities for in-depth study, prayer, and reflection with a group of like-minded journeyers.
If you have ever desired to spend serious time cultivating your spiritual life, this program may appeal to you.
Those who have earned the certificate or simply taken an individual class for personal growth have offered uniformly high praise for the instructors and overall spiritual experience.
More details are available below. If you have additional questions after reviewing these materials, please e-mail the Office of Continuing Education at ConEd@pts.edu.
Upcoming Spiritual Formation Classes at PTS
- Spiritual Formation classes are open to all interested parties.
- Enrollment in the Spiritual Formation Certificate (SFC) Program is not required to register for a class.
- Two classes taken at Columbia Theological Seminary can be applied to the certificate requirements.
- Two online Spiritual Formation electives can be applied to the certificate requirements.
- For more details about the Spiritual Formation Certificate Program or future classes, e-mail ConEd@pts.edu or call 412-924-1345.
All for the Glory of God: An Ignatian Retreat /SFC Elective
June 14-17, 2020 / Jeff Eddings / Learn more.
Walking in the Footsteps of Henri Nouwen /SFC Elective
July 19-22, 2020 / BJ Woodworth / Learn more.
Additional Information about the Spiritual Formation Certificate Program
Spiritual Formation Certificate Program Handbook This document may answer many of your questions about the Spiritual Formation Certificate Program.
Registration Form Required for entry into the SFC Program
Classes at Columbia Theological Seminary, our partner school for this program.