Spend your summer with SYI!
SYI offers college internships with a unique tri-fold structure.
- Interns will work with SYI staff to identify a project of interest that they will study over their summer. Project deliverables vary, ranging from podcasts to papers, and topics are unique to your interests. Last year's projects included: Faith and Science, Sustainable Agriculture, Music and Theology, the Impact of Spirituality on Recidivism, Community Building, and more!
- Duties within your major (IT, Communications, Business, etc.)
- Mission work with local organizations
- Responsibilities for the Miller SYI High School Academy.
- This is an unpaid internship, but $1,000 grants are available.
- From June1-July 31, all interns will receive housing at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary and/or Waynesburg University as needed. All interns will have a roommate. Housing will include parking, utilities, full-kitchen, and kitchenettes in studio apartments.
- All interns will receive breakfast or lunch Monday-Friday at the dining hall of PTS and one dinner per week. All other meals will be the responsibility of the interns.
- All meals will be provided to interns working at the SYI academy at the host site during the program.
- Interns will be responsible to provide their own transportation. All internship sites are within a short walk of the Seminary campus.
- Though the program is fully residential, each intern will receive one weekend off over the course of the summer.
Interested in working with the Miller SYI over your summer? We are currently accepting applications for the summer.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.