Each year Pittsburgh Theological Seminary offers our free Advent and Lent devotionals as our gift to you! We invite you to read daily messages written by members of our community. Scroll down to learn more about the various ways you can read the daily messages.
Daily Devotionals Delivered to your E-mail
- Visit PTS News Sign Up.
- Complete the required information and select Devotionals (Advent and Lent). Please note that other e-newsletters are available.
- Click “Subscribe”.
If you received the Lent or Advent devotional last year, nothing further is required.
If you already receive e-news from the Seminary (President’s Communiqué, Alumni News, WMI, MUI, CPI, Museum, or Continuing Education), but not the Devotional, you will need to
- Click "Preferences" at the end of a PTS e-mail.
- Follow the link in the e-mail sent from GoDaddy with the subject line "Edit your subscription to Pittsburgh Theological Seminary."
- Select "Devotionals (Advent and Lent)" and click "Update."
- Please note, if you would like to subscribe to the Devotional using a different e-mail from which you receive other Seminary e-newsletters, you will need to sign up using the “New Subscriber” instructions listed above.
For those with further questions or having difficulty signing up, please e-mail David Keys at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Seminary's Advent and Lenten Devotionals are available through a free app for your Android or Apple device. Visit the Google Play Store or iTunes Store and search for "Devotions - Advent & Lent" or follow these link from your mobile device: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.pts.devotions (Android) or https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/devotions-advent-lent/id945697533?ls=1&mt=8 (Apple).
Devotionals on Social Media
Devotionals to Print and Share
We also offer a printed version of the devotional that's great for sharing with your small church group. You can request a printed copy be mailed to you by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 412-362-5610.
Devotionals for Your Website
Want to embed the Seminary's Lent devotional on your church's website? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send you the code! The content will automatically load and be displayed for each day.
Advent Devotional 2018
Advent Devotional 2017
Advent Devotional 2016
Advent Devotional 2015
Advent Devotional 2014
Advent Devotional 2013
Advent Devotional 2012
Advent Devotional 2011
Advent Devotional 2010
Advent Devotional 2009
Advent Devotional 2008
About Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
Rooted in the Reformed tradition, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary is committed to the formation of women and men for theologically reflective ministry and to scholarship in service to the global Church of Jesus Christ.
Become a Student
- Graduate Certificate in Church Planting and Revitalization
- Graduate Certificate in Ministry
- Graduate Certificate in Missional Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Urban Ministry
- Spiritual Formation Certificate
- Church Planting Initiative
- Continuing Education
- Kelso Museum of Near Eastern Archaeology
- Miller Summer Youth Institute
- Metro-Urban Institute
- World Mission Initiative
- Zeitah Excavations
In addition to their on-campus duties, our faculty are experts in their fields and are available to preach and teach. Learn more about their topics of research and writing and invite them to present at your congregation or gathering.
The Seminary hosts a wide range of events - many free! - on topics of faith including church planting, mission, vocation, spiritual formation, pastoral care and counseling, archaeology, and many more. Visit our calendar often for a listing of upcoming events.
Interested in the Seminary? Come visit us!
Stay in Touch with PTS
Sign-up to receive the Seminary's newsletters: Seminary News (monthly), Church Planting Initiative (monthly), Continuing Education (monthly), World Mission Initiative (monthly), Metro-Urban Institute (quaterly), and Kelso Museum. Alums, there's also one for you!