The Archaeology program at PTS has been made possible through the efforts of faculty, staff, and volunteers, and the generosity of donors.
Three gifts have a key role in continuing the tradition of archaeological research and education at PTS.
Jamieson-Trotter Endowment Fund
The George Trotter family established the Jamieson-Trotter Endowment Fund in 1989 to honor Howard Jamieson, a PTS alumnus and professor of biblical theology (1955-1970). The fund supplements the Seminary's archaeology program by providing scholarships for students to participate in field projects in the Middle East, additional support for the annual archaeology lecture, and for Museum purchases and projects that fall outside the Museum's regular budget.
G. Albert Shoemaker Chair of Bible and Archaeology
The Seminary established the G. Albert Shoemaker Chair of Bible and Archaeology in 1989 to express its continued commitment to research and teaching in biblical archaeology.
William R. Jackson Sr. Endowment Fund
A generous gift from William R. Jackson Sr. in 1998 provided funds for two components of archaeology program at the Seminary: the renovation and expansion of the James L. Kelso Museum of Near Eastern Archaeology and the establishment of a substantial endowment to support archaeological field work.
For information about giving opportunities in archaeology, call Christine Chakoian, vice president for seminary advancement, at 412-924-1422 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.